• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

bboyin4lyf

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i currently run a 67g reef and im setting up a 6 * 2 * 2 foot display reef for my home. i can manage a larger reef with no hassels. whats different about a nano reef? the smaller quanitiy of water means that it would have to be changed on a more regular basis but besides that else is altered by the smaller volume of water?

i have a 10g tank i was thinking of setting up on my desk and i was wondering what equipment a nano tank requires? ie skimmer etc........

thanking you

bboyin4lyf

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you browse through the nano buildoff forum you can see a lot of ideas for nano's, most of them include what the owner has done and the money spent.

Its a contest for nano's under 20 gallons, I think you have 4 days left if you wanted to get all crazy and enter the contest!

:D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the deadline is up..I think the 4days left is for those participating to get photos submitted for the first judging

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the "look at the build off thread" for ideas on a 10g. There are so many good one and all the tanks are looking kick @ss. Personally, I believe that skimmers are a must have, even with frequent water changes, but that's just me.

And the 8th deadline was for photo submissions.

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had my 16 gallon system that was unskimmed I though it built up algae a little too quickly...for some reason the tolerances weren't like the pico reefs that didn't have fish, even though I thought 16 gallons would be enough to dilute a few juvenile clowns and some various shrimps. The wierd thing is several friends w nano cubes keep a couple clown/gobies or the like with coral and never had any waste issues or blooms. When I do it again I believe I'll retrofit a skimmer this time.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 10 with a hang on fuge, and a couple of MJ400's. looked really good without a skimmer.

B

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: