• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

McFudge

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there everyone. I just did a clean job on my nano cube filtration system, i have not changed anything from the origonal I bought (1st Modle)...and after putting it all back together it does not seem to be working right. I am hoping this is caused by something easy to fix and that some of you might be able to offer assistance.

After cleaning the sponges and the pump and walls and what not (I have been having a bit of a moss problem) I put back together. Now for some reason all of the water seems to be getting sucked out of the right 2 areas in the back of the tank. I will post a pic tomorrow, but hopefully my painful narration will work for now. There is plenty of water in my tank. If I turn off the pump all 3 areas equal out and are even with the water in the main part of my tank. As soon as I turn it back on...the water goes out of both spots on the right again. It's like not enough water is coming through the filters.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Thanks again!!!

stoneyk

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you have lr and ls get rid of all the sponges except Maybe 1.
Check into doing some easy cheap mods they will make your cube way better

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the description at hand, that sounds like a good move stoney. The sponge filters definately don't hurt if cleaned thoroughly, but they aren't needed as well in a tank that is stocked carefully. It sounds like taking them out might provide less resistance in that side of the system, if I'm reading the description correctly. I always look at it like this: sponges and additional filters of any kind are for one primary task; surface area. They may also be used to remove suspended particles and 'polish' the water to some degree, but most people see them from a 'requirement' angle where they would be the reason the tank doesn't drown in wastes.

To test the surface area requirement, just test for ammonia. If none shows up after the sponges are removed, you weren't needing them in the first place. I can bet with 99% assuredness they are not required in your system because you are also likely using a substrate or crushed coral or something similar, this has more than enough filtration SA> Great question though, get back to us with the follow-up and I appreciate your participation. Someone will learn from your trials and you can also run a search here on this site for Cube modifications.

B

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: