• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

But I am no longer part of the nano club. See below, now my only tank. :D :D

I am still helping moderate this forum, of course, and I just wanted to say all the nano build off tanks are looking sweet! What a great idea, and some very clever brainstorming as a result.

A

Anonymous

50 g, 36"x20"x18", 10 g sump, 12 g fuge. ER CS series skimmer, MRC Nano CA reactor, 250W DE MH bulb. One Quiet One 6600 (1600 gph) pump driving two 5 gallon surge buckets with a total of 4" outlets. One Mag 2 (250 gph) on a closed loop to sweep the bottom.

:D[/list]

Attachments

• file.jpg
    file.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,336

Tarasco

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming that you just transferred all your livestock to the new tank? Some of your fish were pretty small, gonna be fun to find them now. What prompted the upgrade?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that, Matt. Tank looks nice, but we need some closeups! :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! - I agree with Chrispy! - More photo evidence is required before you're allowed to surrender your nano club card. ;)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You SUCK :wink:

Now, why would you go and upgrade of all things :twisted:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why? OK, a few reasons--
I like fish. Lots of em. Fish like space :D
I found the stand for FREE outside somebody's house. Of course the first thing i thought was "Man that would make a great stand."
I was getting unhappy with the dimensions of my 10 gallon. Not enough front to back depth.

As soon as I can get something better than my crappy cell phone camera I will take cloesups.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt what happened to the JBJ? Once a nano reefer always a nano reefer (in heart and spirit at least :P )

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The JBJ is my new fuge. You can actually see it on the left side of the stand. The build off nano? What a disaster. One mangrove died, one looks like it's about to. I'm thinking they got burned from too much light. I was very diligent about spraying off their leaves every day...:?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt":zwyz24rl said:
One mangrove died, one looks like it's about to. I'm thinking they got burned from too much light. I was very diligent about spraying off their leaves every day...
If im not mistaken you werent doing Beaslbobs method right?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LordNikon":2maeamtn said:
Matt":2maeamtn said:
One mangrove died, one looks like it's about to. I'm thinking they got burned from too much light. I was very diligent about spraying off their leaves every day...
If im not mistaken you werent doing Beaslbobs method right?

I was doing his method insomuch as I used tap water, and put live stuff in right off the bat (two things I never would have done, and will not do again, obviously). Experiment failed.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"get the plant life thriving!" :wink:

Sorry to hear that Matt...

Do did you test any levels ie Ca, Alk etc?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: