• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that's a tough one. I sure haven't heard of any meant-for kits, but a McGuyver type retrofit is always a trail to be blazed.

So I'm thinking to suspend a MH would require an open or cut top..salinity hassles potentially but an auto-topoff system costs about $65 and will fix that. try californiareefs.com or run a search on google for this in case I've typed it in wrong.

Canopy mod with fans is another approach, but I'm seeing a raised canopy for spacing needs and this required new fabrication--part of the appeal of the nano cube line is the soft plastic curves and this is tough to recreate, but not 100% necessary. Just brainstroming.

ghostbear29

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dude, on another site that will remain nameless.......a girl was finishing a 75w retrofit onto the hood. Not alot of money And "she" claimed that it didn't cook. I dunno if its real or not but maybe worth exploring. Check some of the Lighting stores for a MH at 75watts.

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neat! I would have use for the 2.5 setup, would be nice to get it in time for the buildoff but I don't think it will happen. I bet that guy's site is in good demand with all the JBJ aquarists... good referral.

B

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: