• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

sdtoha

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I had to start a smaller, 10 gallon tank to house my gbs, I would have returned him but my it's my wifes favorite. I have live sand and 8lbs. of live rock. I just put in a urchin and a scooter blenny. I believe if I keep the brittle star fed, he won't go after the rest of the tank. The reason I moved him from the 30 gallon was due to this issue. Question, what to feed everythins???

Chuck
:?: :?: :?:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Chuck! Welcome to RDO. I wouldn't ever trust a scooter blenny with a green brittle. It's exactly the type of fish (slow, bottom dwelling) that they prey upon. Good luck, and keep us posted.

Juck

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What Matt said,,, also,, a Scooter is not a blenny but a dragonet and like other Dragonets (such as Mandarins) is unlikely to survive long-term in a 10g,,, even one that is taking frozen or prepared food will likely deteriorate over time. They need big tanks with a healthy, sustainable population of pods.

Good luck!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Juck":28c6pie5 said:
What Matt said,,, also,, a Scooter is not a blenny but a dragonet and like other Dragonets (such as Mandarins) is unlikely to survive long-term in a 10g,,, even one that is taking frozen or prepared food will likely deteriorate over time. They need big tanks with a healthy, sustainable population of pods.

Good luck!

What Juck said also... :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: