• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Diesel Dork

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife is wanting a display tank for a coffee table with at least one if not a pair of clownfish and a host anemone. I was think about a 12x12x12 cube with an overflow in a corner. That would give about 7 gallons of water. I was wondering if you guys think that it is enough space? Any suggestions would be help and appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately that is not nearly enough space for any host anemone long term. I've seen them kept in tanks this size and smaller, but it's never permanent.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agreed, not for the long haul...Sorry Diesel and :welcome:

Diesel Dork

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That what I was afriad of, thanks for setting me on the straight and narrow. Any suggests of what could go in the cube instead for a lot of visual pop?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing can beat a nice matt of green star polyps for pop! They're cheap too! One of the most underated corals really, just need some periodic gardening to keep them from taking over.
Organ pipe coral is another one, Euphylia such as frogspawn or a nice hammer or torch coral, a nice yellow leather or toadstool, just to name a few.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: