• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I was thinking of adding an airstone in one of the back chambers, doesn't seem like there will be enough oxygen in the water for a reef. I ran a 7 gallon bowfront for a long time, but I had a hang-on powerfilter spilling water back into the tank for surface exchange.
Anyone have any feedback on this tank?

A

Anonymous

Have a dremel? Cut off a little rectangle of plastic to make water overflow into the back section. All you have to do is cover the grating with a piece of acrylic and silicone. It'll help with that funky surface layer. An airstone can't hurt either.

Sugar Magnolia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen people use an old cassette tape holder to cut up as an overflow grate.

I'm not the least bit thrilled with these tanks, it seems so many people have problems with them as far as lighting, filtration and general quality of the tank itself goes. So many cracked tanks. IMO it would be wiser to use a standard 10 AGA tank.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sugar Magnolia":71mxfetg said:
I've seen people use an old cassette tape holder to cut up as an overflow grate.

I'm not the least bit thrilled with these tanks, it seems so many people have problems with them as far as lighting, filtration and general quality of the tank itself goes. So many cracked tanks. IMO it would be wiser to use a standard 10 AGA tank.

Nah, Idon't know who you've been talking to or where you've been hanging out, but hardly anyone has issues with the 12 gallon model, the 24 gallon gallon one on the other hand - about 20% are bad.
No lighting issues, no filtration issues, and the tank seems very solid.
My only issue right now is heat - working on that. All in all, this is a great little product.

Matt, thanks. I put an airstone in there as I don't see how such a tiny distance and amount of overflow will make much difference in 02 levels.

USMC81

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the 12 gal. model. I went through two ballasts within 8 months. The last straw was when I came home from the movies to find a crack running from the bottom of the tank up to the middle of the tank on the right side and running across the front. I would not buy another one after finding out from forum members of similar problems with these tanks. I had to set my reef back up into a 10 gal. tank. I did like the idea of the tank (being a all in one style tank, lightng, filter combined).

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
USMC81":g7e6c4al said:
I had the 12 gal. model. I went through two ballasts within 8 months. The last straw was when I came home from the movies to find a crack running from the bottom of the tank up to the middle of the tank on the right side and running across the front. I would not buy another one after finding out from forum members of similar problems with these tanks. I had to set my reef back up into a 10 gal. tank. I did like the idea of the tank (being a all in one style tank, lightng, filter combined).

You were one of the unlucky 2 or 3 percent - :( Sorry to hear it.
I'm hoping I make the other 97%. :)
I really is a nice little tank. I'm going to look into a AGA cube in the near future though.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: