• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

i failed as a pico keeper..i have much yet to learn from Brandon as he is the Yoda of Picos :wink:

so i purchased a 2.5gal tank and light fix today...ill set it up tomorrow for its maiden voyage :D

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gracias Brutha but I am only the yoda of long posts :) i.e, the scroll master of written longevity ->

can't wait to see pics of your setup. I agree that is still a mightly small reef, and I for one could see a small fish included in the deal which makes it appealing. A small neon goby I think would do fine in that reef, makes me want one. Still going for some 13w lighting? Two of those, or even one depeding on the setup will work nicely and not cause heat spikes. Glad to have a new reef on board!

Brandon M.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
~Knowse, thats arguable, i consider pico anything a gallon and under

~SugarMag its cool the make a fixture for an incandesent bulb..i used my screw in 50/50 PC bulb and i attached the other 13W PC bulb to the back

~Brandon, you do have long posts but they are atleast interesting to read and full of knowledge. The new fish i got, and im hoping it doesnt get too big, is a Hectors Goby (Amblyeleotris hectori) but i really wanted a clown goby..i doubt there will be heat spikes..larger volume of water and the heat spikes i had with the .68gal were few and far between, but then again it was an unheated tank and this one is heated..Ill try to get pics..its pretty baren in there since i only used the LR from the small tank..i need to get to the good LFS for LR and im not sure the next time ill make a trip into Reno will be...

Diana

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm.... now i want to setup a 2.5 gallon along with my 5.5 gallon. OOO! The temptation is great. :twisted:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to pack the 2.5 full of corals..i had serious evap losses with the .68 gal. Im hoping it doesnt react the same...im even thinking of trying LPS in this tank, but the lighting maybe inadequate..we'll see, ill have to build up the LR first before i consider corals right now...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lord,
It is arguable, but from what I read a 2.5 is considered a pico.

Just a couple of my old 2.5 set up. 4x9w pc lights, skilter 250, a 4in fan and no heater.

Attachments

• whole tank.jpg
    whole tank.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,349
  • pico start.jpg
    pico start.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,346

Sugar Magnolia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to redo my 2.5. You saw my "neglected nano" thread. The hydroids are spreading like mad. I'm considering upgrading my lighting to a 70W halide with a PC or two thrown in. I need to convince my hubby that he should be build me a new canopy for it first though. ;)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id add Halide, but i dont have room at the office...its PC for me..But in such a small tank, if i can get enough light, i should be able to at the bare minimum keep M. Digitatas.. I could be wrong but ive seen Brandons Picos with less light then mine keeping LPS and the more demanding LPS (eg E. Glabersens, torch right)...yes ive seen your 2.5g Sugar..its been awhile but i think i remember the post on it..and IIRC it still looked good even with your hydroid problem...my new problem is in my 20 gal that has all my acros and SPS and LPS...Hair algae..God Dam algae is beginning to tick me off...its nearly impossible to eradicate..but the fight will continue since ive seen good growth on the mantle of my T. Crocea. So i cant give up yet :D ....anyways welcome to the sump below..and FWIW dont get too wrapped up like me and others have down there...I miss posting like this topside sometimes :wink:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics have been taken as soon as i get unlazy, ill post them..be for warned, the Sahara Desert has more life :wink:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: