• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20gal standard...I like the 20gal standard..Although I wouldnt mind a 20L but the 20H would need stronger lights then the long or standard (if you plan on keeping light demanding corals/inverts of course)..a 20H would be good for seahorses..Not knowing what you have in store for the future makes it hard to give the best advise..Honestly I cant think of any real drawbacks to any of them..I currently have a 20 standard and am pleased with it...

Here is an idea of my equipment and living things
175W MH pendant 13000k Aqualine bulb
Bak Pak 2R skimmer
two powerheads (1 AC 201, 1 Maxijet 900)
I have green, orange and blue polyps
green palytoa polyps
yellow colony polyps (parazoanthus)
xenia
brain coral (favites sp)LPS
pagaoda coral (tubinaria peltata)LPS
plate coral (fungia)LPS
pavona coral sps
Toadstool coral
lavender hairy mushrooms
green mushrooms
pocillipora sps
trumpet coral (calustrea furtata)LPS
bubble coral (plegyora sp.)LPS
Rose Bubble tip anemone (Entacmaea Quadricolor)
Caribbean flower anemone

there is more with fish and shrimp/ crabs snails but those arent light demanding..

Daemonfly

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the 20g long could have a slightly higher advantage due to more surface area of sand(would be a bit less water too) unless you go barebottom, as well as a bit easier to light, although could also just go single MH over either one.

I personally like the look of the longs, and beleive fish seem to like more lateral room to swim. Also, longs are more shallow = easier to work in.

IMHO, basically comes down to aesthetics. Look at galleries, etc.. and see which one you like the look of better.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: