• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

pos_user

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, i just ordered a remora skimmer on my 5.5g ...what can I say...i like to skim :)

I'm going for an all out sps and lps tank, mainly sps though...and I wanted one of the top rated skimmers out there.

So for you remora owners out there, whats the smallest tank size you've had or seen them on?

I dont think a 5.5 is tall enough for the remora, so i'l have to hang it off the back of the tank, and also hang it the remora off the end of the table,

Or i can just make a nice platform for the 5.5 to raise it up a few inches..

TIA

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Remora pro on a 20 high I was using once.

I would raise the tank up on a nice platform, maybe you could make a cheapo platform out of 2x4's and hide it by draping a nice doily over it before sitting the tank on it.

Okay, that is the silliest thing I have ever suggested (for the record)

pos_user

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, knuckle...very funny post.

anyway, the remora is up and running..skimming wet for now, but will eventually go to a dry skim.

there is an issue "i think" with the screw that is on the inlet tube...there is water coming out of the screw area...(a little bit, more like a fast drip) and no matter how tight or lose i make it...i cant get the water to stop coming out of the screw hole that is used to clean the injection inlet pipe.

is this a defect, or normal? anyone know?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THat water that drips out should not be a problem as it just drips down and drops into the skimmer right?

If you want to be sure got to www.proteinskimmer.com and email them, they are most helpful.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked on that website and found this in the manual for the Remora

impedes the performance of the skimmer. Therefore, it is recommended that you clean the foam tower often. If
possible, protein skimmer cleaning should be a daily priority.
The spray injector that powers your skimmer is designed to be maintenance free. In the unlikely event that a piece of
algae or debris becomes clogged in the assembly, you can easily access the injector by unscrewing the small, white
Injector Access Screw (see diagram below). Be sure and unplug the water pump before performing injector
maintenance! Use a standard head screwdriver and remove the small screw by turning it counterclockwise – try not
to let the screw fall into the skimmer once it is loose. Once removed, use the special injector brush to vigorously
scrub the inside of the injector and spray port.
IMPORTANT!! When replacing the Injector Access Screw DO NOT thread the screw so far that it will fall into the
injector. Only thread it deep enough so that it seals the hole. It is normal for a small amount of water to drip out of the
sealed hole during operation, and this shouldn’t be cause for concern.
It is a good idea to remove and clean the water pump every 3-6 months to maintain optimum performance. Use an
old toothbrush or scrub pad to remove any debris or calcium/salt deposits from the impeller and shaft.

That should answer that question for you

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to chime in here...Remora on my 30 cube.

Peace,

Chip

pos_user

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome, thans guys...

knuckle, no drape and platform needed :)

it went on a 10g so it fit perfectly ..thank god.

I could have had the first marha stewart reef...LOL

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: