• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

M

momerath

ok, got a 12g nano cube for x-mas. set it up as FOWLR for now. (Idon't want to bother with corals just yet) My cube came with a 24w 50/50 bulb. Since its just live rock and fish in my tank I want to save that bulb for future use, and just use a 24w 6500k bulb for now. Problem is these bulbs keep burning out quickly. first one lasted a week. Got a replacement and it burnt out in 10 min! So, I'm wondering if anyone else has heard of problems with the daylight bulbs... maybe mine are coming from a really bad batch? Could I be installing it wrong? I know its not the fixture, because the original 50/50 bulb works fine. Been going for three months now no problems.

djmuzzi

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whenever a new bulb burns out that quickly, it tends to point toward an electrical issue. If the bulb was damaged during transit, most likely, it would just not have ever worked. Sounds more like the balast is not keeping the power level steady. check too for any scorch marks on bulb or ozone smells....

what is the brand of the lighting fixture? Did it come with the nano as a package deal? Jebo equip has this issue alot.... Call the place you bought it and don't waste more $$ on bulbs untill you rule out the electrical issue.[/list]

djmuzzi

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry, let me correct that, I have ADD & skipped the last part of your post.... who made the new bulbs... & still check for the smell of ozone.....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: