• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Hey y'all,

This is my first Nano and I know that there are Nano skills above and beyond general reef keeping skills. I may or may not be able to intuitively pick up these skills. Going from 1000 gallons to 10 gallons is two orders of magnitute.

If you see an error that could cause loss of life to the nano inhabitants please let me know about it. I'm about to start stocking.

First thing I've noticed is that everything happens at warp speed in nano tanks.

Any and all comments are quite welcome. :)

Thanks, in advance ---> Guy's Nano

A

Anonymous

My comment to you is: keep drinking good Scotch, and nothing bad can happen to your tank. It's like, the Scotch protects your mind from pain and avarice. Some kind of voodoo, or something. But it works!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rcsheng, why is the child in your avatar eating puppies?

LMAO

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I add puppies to my reef tanks, will the calcium level increase?

:)

tinyreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unleashed":3gzm89b6 said:
If I add puppies to my reef tanks, will the calcium level increase?
sure, haven't you heard of sea-lab #K9? the "lab" stands for labrador.

i find shaving them first prolongs the prefilters immensely. ymmv

sorry, guy. we're really messing with your thread. i'll stop now.

i really do like your aquascaping though. beautiful valley-effect imho.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hell, I ain't apologizing for hijacking Guys thread.. it's what I do :) :)

And anyways, he knows we love him :twisted:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Aiptasia population is about 1/2 what it was two weeks ago. I think I can safely say Yes!, the Aiptasia is under control finally. I believe they would have been completely erradicated by now except the Clownfish have developed a taste for the Ophryotrocha Polychaetes so the Aiptasia Worm population is being kept low.

I snapped this pic as an example of what they do to the Aiptasia:

Attachments

• Ophryotrocha.jpg
    Ophryotrocha.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 2,477
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geesh Guy! I don't get that kind of growth on my Digi's in my 150 SPS tank! Of course I have a temperature stability problem right now, but ... Wow!

Nice. I am still interested in some of those worms. I started up an aptasia farm when I was thinking about adding a CBB to take care of my aptasia problems, so I might be able to breed them.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only the Green & Brown Digi are growing fast. I doubt if any other SPS would do so well under VHO except maybe a pink Seriatopora. I think Digitata like less that ideal water parameters and grow faster when lit from multiple sides (diffuse lighting). I think Montipora is an oddity that way among SPS. They're also very very close to the light source. I sure do like the color of that Brown Digi under the VHO though.

I do plan on fragging a lot in the beginning and planting the frags all over the left side wall to fill in the top of the valley. Caps 3/4 of the way down and Digi 1/2 way down to mostly cover that wall.

I just noticed from the old pictures that the Purple Cap is MIA. I've been moving the frags around still because I've been too lazy to glue them and the waterflow keeps pushing them around. I guess I need to scour the tank & find that Cap, hopefully still alive. Then I guess I need to get out the superglue before I start losing the rest.

Sugar Magnolia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checked out the updated shots. The tank is really looking great. If you ever find the need to rid yourself of some of those stomatellas I'd be happy to take some off your hands for you. 8)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks!

Stomatella are available by request I suppose. I don't think they ship well but it usually works.

Sugar Magnolia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the limewater incidient. Things seem to be looking better. I must say, that one aiptasia in the bottom left is pretty impressive. 8O

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dangnabbit things. The Clownfish keep eating the worms before the worms can finish exterminating the Aiptasia.

Sugar Magnolia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today's update - now that is some cool stuff! I have an orange M. digi branch that is fused to a blue polyped M. Digi. You color combo is much more impressive. 8)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Sugar. I have no idea how common this is. I was raised to always keep a healthy distance between corals. This is, of course, difficult in a 10 gallon tank so this is new to me.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: