• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

getting there slowly.
the tank will be filed with saltwater by wenesday, few more things to do around the tank. finish painting the canopy ...

2 more pictures to give you a more accurate idea of the project:

support-cuve2.jpg

side view:
support-cuve1.jpg

tank has one inch of Aragamax sugar sand.

will post more by the end of the week.

antoine

dp

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Antoine, that's a might clean and fresh-looking setup for sure. I like the looks of it right from the start. What kind of lights did you say you were considering? I'll not forget when I saw that thread where the gentleman was using Helios T5's I think on a setup much like that size. It's really easy to fit them or maybe a powerquad setup over a squared tank such as that. Were you going flourescent or MH?

Great job, can't wait to see the pics.

brandon429

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey Brandon,

thanks a lot for your appreciation :wink:

the canopy is almost ready. paint is drying at the moment.
still have to apply varnish in the inside.

the light for this tank is a 150W HQI 10K and two 15W NO tubes 18K.
that will be far enough for such a small Micro-Recif.

it is the first time i get to do everything, stand, canopy .... i am not that good at it but still am pretty pleased with the final result.

more pics to come :wink:

antoine

dp

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Very clean... What's the plan for inhabitants?

I had a couple questions: How are you plumbing the returns from your back "sump" area? And I see you cut your overflow straight, without teeth. Are you going to install eggcrate or something to keep fish from spilling over? Just curious... I'd love to do a start to finish system like that!

Keep the pics coming.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i don't know for sure what i will have in the tank. all i know is that i did a down payment on a rose anemone over the week-end :wink:
other than that, some LPS, softies, one or two Maximas ... and may be some SPS frags if some space left!

the overflow is made out of PVC sheet glued to a 8m/m glass sheet. the two 606 MJ will be located in the "sump" as well as the heater. i won't have the regular teeth thing on it. i never do on any of my reefs.

i am curently looking after a way to get a Remora over here, that would allow me great flexibility with the systm.

in regard to fish ... lots of them :wink:
small fishes like Amblygobius rainfordi, Amblygobius hectori, some goby to sift the sand, some Gobiodon too.

antoine

dp

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
damned!

did not get to work on the tank today. long time reef friend of mine gave me a call asking for help. he is setting up a new reef tank, 60G for softies and lps. spent the day over there instead of working on the Micro-Reef.

i have came up with some new ideas today for the canopy, modifications.

new ideas for the electric board too, so it is a clean and safe operating thing. that's going to be the biggest challenge of all for me as i know crap about wiring!

an other batch of water in mixing right now. i may even be able to fill an other Micro with all of of this water :wink:

giving me ideas ...

antoine

dp

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet looking! Who made this tank? Is the back portion made of black acrylic or something?

Jealous...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt_Wandell":ap9q84xf said:
Sweet looking! Who made this tank? Is the back portion made of black acrylic or something?

Jealous...

yes, doing it all by myself. that's why it is taking time :wink:

the "overflow" is made of a 3 m/m PVC sheet glued to a 8 m/m glass sheet. the back side is painted on the outside ... and the "sides" are siliconned on the inside as i wanted it clean on the outside. not sure yet if that was a good idea.

anyway the sump compartmnt is all black and that's what i wanted for a cleaner look :wink:

antoine

dp

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
brandon429":3hio77oi said:
Wow Antoine, that's a might clean and fresh-looking setup for sure. I like the looks of it right from the start. What kind of lights did you say you were considering? I'll not forget when I saw that thread where the gentleman was using Helios T5's I think on a setup much like that size. It's really easy to fit them or maybe a powerquad setup over a squared tank such as that. Were you going flourescent or MH?

Great job, can't wait to see the pics.

brandon429

hey Brandon,

here is a picture for you. the inside of the canopy once finished and wired.

- 150w HQI 20K
- 2*14W NO tubes

canopy-2.jpg

far enough for my actual needs :wink:

antoine

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So awesome.. Totally jealous you are able to do that.. It's gonna be such a sweet setup. (is a sweet setup)...

Mihai

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, this looks GREAT! Keep the pics comming as you progress. Don't hurry, keep the neatness as your primary goal.

M.

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I'd be embarassed if anyone looked under my hood and saw a bunch of stray silicone beads and bent/rusty staples holding the wiring in place! (because that's what the underside of my canopy looks like) The detail all around your job is remarkable to say the least. Good pic of the lighting, well spaced. Also, plenty of room for accessory fans should the temp ever require one. Get that beamer running and let's watch it all come together!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, the tank has already been running for 7 weeks now.

tank population is:

fish:
- 2 Amblyeloetris aurora
- 1 Amblygobius rainfordi
- 1 Gobiosoma evelynae

inverts:
- 3 Thor amboinensis
- 1 Neopetrolisthes oshimai
- 1 Alpheus armatus
- 1 Archaster typicus

coral:
- 1 Entacmaea quadricolor
- 1 Sarcophyton elegans
- 1 Euphylia parancora vert
- 1 Euphylia paradivisa
- 1 Euphylia ancora
- 1 Plerogyra sinuosa
- 2 Caulastrea sp.
- 2 Ricordeas sp. (orange and yellow)
- 1 Ricordea yuma (bright orange and bright green)
- 1 Parazoanthus sp.
- 5 Zoanthus sp. (différentes couleurs)
- 1 Pachyclavularia sp.

add 5 more yumas :wink: that i just got. but very very small, like 1 cm max.

Magnolia,
here is what it looks like once put together. no need for trims. i beleave i already posted that pic somewhere :wink:

sup-cuv-can1.jpg

Brandon,
here are the DIY fans systems!
they may end up being replaced by a chiller a friend of mine is about to sell.

plexiglass-2.jpg

plexiglass-fan-1.jpg

plexiglass-fan-2.jpg

the fans have bearings and run extremely silently. can't hear them.
acrilyc is tough to work with. first time i give it a try and i lack the proper tools ...

antoine

dp

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks great!

Now were are the pics of the tank up and running???

B

Tackett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang man, I surf this section from time to time looking at peoples ideas and I must say...freakin awsome. Very contemporary look, crisp and clean.

I think this qualifies for a:

holy crapballs 8O

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: