• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Kinda barren but on its way..Ive had it for a few months just havent had the time nor the funds to really stock it... :cry: Hopefully by the beginning of the year..plus i have trouble finding small enough frags for it...

Attachments

• picofront.jpg
    picofront.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 1,785

Mihai

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks cool... what tank is that? And what do you use for light and circulation? Finally, aren't you asking for trouble with the Caluerpa (going sexual) and with the Polyp (heavy feeding)?

Other than that it looks great! I'm looking for one for myself, didn't quite decide on the size. I'm entertaining something <2gal and yours looks about 2gal...

All the best,
Mihai

holry7778

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like the same 3/4g Azoo/red sea set up I'm running.

Looking good Nikon

I did find that since I havea sun coral in mine that running with the the filters seems to really help the life in the tank. I also modified mine with two LED moonlinghts hidden in the stock light fixture. Looking back at it now one would have been enough but makes for a nice effect.

tinyreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nikon,
how often are you finding you need to top-off? or do you have a auto setup? are you manually cleaning the walls?

holry,
are you using the moonlights also as actinics or strictly as moonlighitng? that small of a tank figure the led's could do doubletime as act-supps.

Mihai

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
holry7778":3lmnn5rm said:
That looks like the same 3/4g Azoo/red sea set up I'm running.

Huh? What's that? I looked at redseafish.com for tanks and didn't see any...

I'd love to have a pico (<2g) that has a neat circulation and decent light in a reasonablyl looking canopy - any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mihai

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks good!
nice clean little set up.

btw, can se your face reflecting slightly (nose, eyes, mouth) on the right side of the tank :wink:

antoine

dp

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a tooth brush to clean the inside of the tank...Brandon429 has a magnet that he made for small picos...I top off every day but i have a clear acrylic top which slows down the evaporation...You can see scratches in the tank and i can see the reflection of my camera...

holry7778

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moon lights are just moon lights I don't double time them. I clean the glass with a paper towel from time to time but very rarely.

reefnutz,
Putting a fish in this is torture...I learned the hard way with a juvie tomato clown, who didn't make it :( I was hoping to move him to my 55 but alast not now.

Mihai
The package was put together by Red Sea but the parts are by other manufacturers (ie the tank itself is azoo) LFS $35

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
holry778":15douj3m said:
reefnutz,
Putting a fish in this is torture...I learned the hard way with a juvie tomato clown, who didn't make it I was hoping to move him to my 55 but alast not now
Too big of a fish man...need to keep them small..like clown gobies or neon gobies...A juvie clown was probably way too big to start and are far more active...A dwarf goby or a smaller goby would work great in a nano if the proper precautions are taken, ie heater and water quality..I had a neon in mine but no heater..I imagined it parished due to the temp differences when the lights went out at night...My fault, i need a heater before i add any fish...

Mihai

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
holry7778":1nwynion said:
Mihai
The package was put together by Red Sea but the parts are by other manufacturers (ie the tank itself is azoo) LFS $35

I see, thanks. What light/circulation light?
Thanks,
M.

holry7778

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mihai,

Sorry it was Deco-Art combo. The kit comes complete with everything you need:

3/4g Azoo acrylic tank
Red Sea Power Filter Nano
7watt 7200k Clip on Light
http://www.velvetgiraffe.com/betta-tanks.htm

Nikon,
Yeah your right I was a bad kid and should have know better about the clown. But now that I look back on it I can't really see any fish making in too long in these lil' tanks with stressing out from one issue or another. Aso since they don't make nice lil' (non eyesore) heaters for these tanks I will avoid fish for now. It will be a invert only

PS: If it can be done successfully...Is ther a good shrimp choice for tank of this size?

holry7778

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mihai,
You can hate me now...I just picked up a another setup that was discounted at the evil Petco for $22. I just pass it up. I'll either find something to do with it or give it to my sister as a gift

holry7778

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nikon
That would still take up the majority of the back of the tank.

Thank for th link of the shrimp...that bumble bee look very interesting, I'll have to find out more about them

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: