• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ninjafish

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
Here are some pictures of the nano I just set up. It is a 20H with 175mh and VHO supplimentation. It has an external overflow and is plumbed to a 20gal sump under the tank. Hope you like it.

Overflow cut:
1185overflowdry-med.jpg

Overflow running:
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/5 ... d.jpg?6032

ricky1414

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice tank!!!
I have one question- The water level in your sump is kinda high. What do you do in a power outage and your return pump stops?

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8O I second that. Welcome Ninja and please stay around to share your Nano's development with us! Nice to see new faces (and reefs) this will be a great reference thread for customized nano plumbing that's for sure. Great design Ninja hope to speak with you regularly on our forum.

b

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8O
forget the tank did you make the "Nano Desk" yourself?

that is a GREAT Idea.

ninjafish

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apologies to everyone. I didn't have my preferences set so that I recieved an email when someone replied to my thread. This whole time I thought that no one was interested; must have seemed kinda snobbish for a new guy :oops: .

If anyone still cares, yes, I cut the overflow and bulkheads myself and assembled the overflow box. I used a dremmle with a glass cutting bit and it worked perfectly. I got the idea from a really helpfull thread on reefcentral. If anyone's interested I can get you the info.

The level in the sump only changes in the leftmost compartment and I have it set so that it has enough room for water that drains when I shut off the pump, shouldn't have a problem with a power outage.

The stand was built by my father in law who builds cabinets for a living. He took it kinda personal when I cut through the top of it and used it for a nano stand - he's come around though.

I'll have some new pictures soon as I have recently added some corals.

- Chad

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: