• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Ticeman

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was down at my LFS and they had a sign reading 24 gallon Nanocube coming soon. I called JBJ and they confirmed the 24 gallon cube is coming out soon, sometime in November. They said the cube would have 2x36 lights and have a higher intake to keep the scum off the top of the water. Pretty Cool! Opens up some more ideas?

Thanks,

Tice

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds cool but sure would be nice if they'd come out with one that had something a bit stouter for a hood.. - Like one that was adjustable height and included a 70 or 150w DE w/ actinics.

Ahh well... - Baby steps... :P

HClH2OFish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That'll be nice when it comes out...I've been looking at getting another tank and so far the JBJ is hitting 2nd place.
Our LFS has one that's 18gal I think...front corners are rounded and comes with PC lights, pump, and has the backend for skimmer/fuge/whatnot. I *think* it's a ViaAqua. $208 complete but for water, critters, LS, LR

Ticeman

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JBJ has been keeping their sales staff in the dark about what the size is going to be, other than it being 24 gallons. One guy at JBJ said it should be close to 19"x19"x19". I have no idea on the cost. My guess is around $250 if it comes with fans.

Thanks,
Tice

hail_sniper

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
imo, its needs more lighting, they know reefers use it, i thought they were just going t upgrade the 12, all they did is make another tank to have to mod

ricky1414

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 19" inches of tank height is pretty hard to overcome with only 2x36w of pc?

adinsxq

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• 1922nip2-med.jpg
    1922nip2-med.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 998

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: