• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

cichlidtom

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a 5 gallon. has been setup for acupple months before i bought it. im wondering what type of fish i could put it in? i was specifically wondering about the Red Stripe Goby, Eviota guttata.

thanks,
thomas j

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gobies are good fish, basslets, assessors, clowns..of course you cant put all of those...your looking at one fish...i have 5.5 gal housing one false perc and my mantis shrimp..oh and a choco chip star and two large turbo snails...i think that bioload is large for my 5.5 however it does have very clear water and seems to stay the cleanest...

ricky1414

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A yellow clown goby adds alot of flash for its low bioload. Or the Yashi (sp) that is Matt Wandell's avatar would be cool.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it would. They're available from liveaquaria.com and themarinecenter.com for around $50. If you search "Whiteray shrimp goby Scott Michael" on google.com you will find an excellent article on their care.

cichlidtom

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alright, what about one of those guys with a pistol shrimp or a pair of sexy shrimp? can someone explain the relationship that those fish are supposed to have with the pistol shrimp?

-a false perc in a 5 gallon??? :? ???

thomas j

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
prawn gobies have a symbiotic relation with the shrimp/prawn..the gobie acts as the eyes and guard for the shrimp, in turn the shimp makes a home and stirs up food for the goby to eat... John Tullock suggests not having the goby without the shrimp..He states the goby can remain scared and starve to death.. I however do have this neat pair with my pistol and Orange spotted goby...I had the goby months before the shrimp and it did fine....sexy shrimp are not symbiotic with gobies, at least not that i know of, i have heard of sexy shrimp hosting to anemones though :P
HTH

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: