• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

investigator1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now everything has settled in it loks purty............

Attachments

• 29 gallon front december.jpg
    29 gallon front december.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 3,252
  • 29 gallon front angle december.jpg
    29 gallon front angle december.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 3,281
  • 29 gallon right side december.jpg
    29 gallon right side december.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 3,253
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, but I do miss the black sand as well.

(STILL diggin that orange plate)

B

investigator1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the 10 gallon black sand is no more. I decided to move to a nicer place. So I asked myself. Self? Why don't you upgrade your tank? And I answered okay why not. Anyhow, the sand is always going to look that way because it is only 1/8 inch deep. I vacuum it all out and replace it once a month.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your livestock? I have a29 gal I am getting ready to stock soon and I like the look of yours. Not going to copy but I was just wondering what you have? :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey mick,
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/ ... uarium.htm

Along the top from l-r it looks like a Clavularia or "Clove polyp", a Plerogyra or "bubble coral", a Sarcohphyton or "Yellow toadstool leather", a Lobophyta or "Finger leather", and a Sinularia or "Finger leather"

Looks like there are also some purple hairy mushrooms, a maroon open brain (Lobophyllia or Trachyphyllia?), and a bright orange plate coral (Fungia).

My apologies in advance to George if this is wrong. I know he doesn't frequent here as often so might not reply right away.

HTH, Matt

investigator1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey you were almost 100 percent. The only thing you got wrong was the clove polyps. That coral is actually "wild" low growing matte non-pulsing xenia.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damn, almost 100 percent! I was also wrong about you not replying right away ;)

tinyreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
investigator1":3qo3us7e said:
Yes the 10 gallon black sand is no more.
coos,
can i ask why you ditched the black sand this time? just a change or were there issues with the black?

how was the underside coralline growth on the black sand compared to your other tanks? i've always wondered if your tank the same growth on the underside for coralline (lacking reflective light off the sandbed).

investigator1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rscheng..........

I decided to not go with black sand because I am going bare bottom. The sand I have now is less than 1/4" and I vacuum it out and replace it once a month. I do miss the contrast though.

The coralline never grew on the sides and bottom of the tank where the black sand was resting.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Despite prior issues with you, Id have to say thumbs up on the tank :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: