• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First I've heard of it Shawn. I don't hear too many endorsements for the ballasts JBJ uses in the cube. Mine has been going for well over a year, but that's not too long...

sagitariuscbc

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yup some places have stopped carring them due to ballast issues.
i really like the look of them though. it would be great for my wifes office.
what would you suggest my nano brother?
i want something plug and play for her.

sagitariuscbc

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it will be at my wifes office. it will be replacing the 6 gallon via aqua that she has. so at the most a 12 gallon.
thanks for the reply!!
shawn!~)

holry7778

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm not sure how interesting this would be to you but I love the 3/4g RedSea/Azoo Pico set up I got from the LFS. It is a ready to go set up like you're looking for but it is small. perhaps only a small clown goby but that is about all ou could have for fish. I have a juvie tomato clown in mine temporilay until my 55 finishes cycling.

Just a thought

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eclipses are nice and cheap. I think the 6 can be found for like 40 in the BA. Then just throw a little LR and sand in there. The light is enough for mushrooms and zoanthids etc.

For a super simple killer setup I would just get a bare 10 gallon, throw a little 65W PC hood over it (I can get these for like 60 I think from Aquaplex, just let me know) and throw a small powerhead in there. A little more expensive, but you could keep some stony corals in there. Don't know what kind of corals Cathy is into....

I like those tiny ones but I just can't stand to not have a fish...

sagitariuscbc

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
holry7778":2jv9f4n0 said:
Well I'm not sure how interesting this would be to you but I love the 3/4g RedSea/Azoo Pico set up I got from the LFS. It is a ready to go set up like you're looking for but it is small. perhaps only a small clown goby but that is about all ou could have for fish. I have a juvie tomato clown in mine temporilay until my 55 finishes cycling.

Just a thought

hey thanks! i have seen these little guys at a couple of the lfs.
the hang off the back filters are so small they're cute.
i should have said no smaller than 6 gallons due to her wanting to transfer the livestock from her 6 gallon via aqua.
thanks,
shawn!~)

sagitariuscbc

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matt_Wandell":388z83e7 said:
Eclipses are nice and cheap. I think the 6 can be found for like 40 in the BA. Then just throw a little LR and sand in there. The light is enough for mushrooms and zoanthids etc.

For a super simple killer setup I would just get a bare 10 gallon, throw a little 65W PC hood over it (I can get these for like 60 I think from Aquaplex, just let me know) and throw a small powerhead in there. A little more expensive, but you could keep some stony corals in there. Don't know what kind of corals Cathy is into....

I like those tiny ones but I just can't stand to not have a fish...
\

we kept a eclipse 6 for about 6 years.

i like the idea of the 10 gallon with the 65 watt hood.
can you send me details about the light?
[email protected]
thanks matt!!!
shawn!~)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, looks like it's not working for some reason....oh well it's not a secret or anything. The light is a 65 W PC 50/50. IIRC it's $45, and $10 for the little hood dealio that comes with it. We could pick it up on a trip to the wholesaler if you like.

Let me know what ya think, it's 530 219-6002.

sagitariuscbc

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
matt sounds great i'll call you this eve. i

here is the response i received from jbj lighting concerning fire and ballast problems.

Hello Shawn,
thank you for your email. I would like to assure you that we install our Nano Cube Dx units with a UL Approved Fulham ballast that has an auto shut off if a fire was to occur.

We sell thousands of these units per week and have not had a problem with the risk of fire.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sagitariuscbc,

I can't quite read your avatar. Is that an advert for a aquarium club in the Sac area? if so could you post the info, I would be interested. Thanks :)

sagitariuscbc

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool pumpkin in your avatar!

my avatar says marine aquarist roundtable sacramento. funny thing is your the 3rd person asking about my avatar since i started this thread.LOL

here is our web site www.marineaquarist.org
Monthly Meetings
The MARS monthly meetings are held on the third Friday of each month from 7:00 to 9:30 pm. The meetings are held at the Roundtable Pizza in the shopping center at the intersection of Greenback and Madison in Folsom. The Roundtable Pizza is on the Madison side...
9500-1 Greenback Lane
Folsom, CA
(916) 989-1133

please let me know if you have any questions.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The speakers at the MARS meetings suck though :D :D :D

<I hope Righty sees this>

sagitariuscbc

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:D :D :D

i can't wait to hear from arlan and rian this coming meeting.

just in case!!! matt has spoke at a mars meeting on the topic nanos.
and righty spoke about pimpin' cuttle.
i enjoyed both talks.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: