• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Mainframe562

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I finally completed the refugium for my nano cube. It consist of an aquaclear 300 and for lighting a galaxy light both from drs foster and smith. Basically all I did was shave the impeller to reduce flow and cut the basket that came with the filter into a baffle. So far I have LS, LR, chaetomorpha, and empty shells for the copepods to reproduce.

Attachments

• 105_0536.jpg
    105_0536.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,220
  • 105_0540.jpg
    105_0540.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,222
  • fuge.jpg
    fuge.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,221

Newreefer1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Did you also have to cut the dividers inside the nanocubes filter compartment? Also, why do copepods need empty shells to reproduce. Is this for privacy? LOL.

Mainframe562

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I had to take out the divider in the nanocube to fit the refugium. I just took out the divider to the left and that was it. No need to take out all dividers. I really dont know, I read somewhere that copepods reproduce in empty shells. So I guess they do need there privacy. I got about 5 shells in there so there's plenty of places to get it on. :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did that (fuge thing) with my Tetra Tec PF150..

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copepods will reproduce in shells, or small piles of rubble rock if that's all you have, but what they really prefer is a nice clump of macro algae or better yet a tuft of hair algae.

Did you shave all your impellers or just every other or what exactly? And how much? Did you remove 50% of each blade you shaved?

I have an ac300 as a fuge on my 5.5 and I want to set up my ac500 as a fuge on my nanocube.

Mainframe562

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, about 50% of the impeller blades were cut off. I just took some really sharp scissors to cut them. Wow you have an ac500 on your nanocube. Do you have pictures of that?

50cal

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mainframe,

That is great! I like the way it sits in the back of the hood. Looks like it belongs there.

Kudos on the wallpaper too!! 8)

(Lord nikon: will you please share any details of your PF150 fuge with me?)

Thank you,

Craig

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: