• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

KILLER CAULERPA!!!

I've done my best, picked at the LR for hours trying to get each little runner and seed. I should have listened to ppl. I thought I could keep it contained in a little corner of the tank. I was wrong. :( ... it's killing my corals even.

Next time someone posts about putting grape or feather caulerpa in their display area, I'm just going to wig on them for their own benefit.

Lame.

A

Anonymous

Sorry to hear that.... Maybe you could set up a little holding tank and save what you can, and restart.

A

Anonymous

I have a 5.5 running that I was going to repatriate the corals to. Problem is that it's my mantis tank so I can't put the inverts in there. DoH!

A

Anonymous

I feel for ya Hwarang.. - I'm worried about running into the same plot with these two evil bastards I have hanging all over the place on my rocks. (The brown leafy stuff and the green bottle-brush lookin stuff.. - The valonia I can deal with..)

evilweed.jpg

I'm scraping as hard as I can but I know some has already come into the temp holding tank I just setup. (Which is what is supposed to be housing only the stuff going into the cube in a couple weeks..)

I may have to bite the bullet and either bake the rocks out in the sun for a few months and totally kill 'em or hire in the help of an urchin (and hope I can sell / give him away before he kicks from starvation..)

Amazing how fast the stuff takes off once it starts huh?

A

Anonymous

GD,
looks like Dictyota and Bryopsis, FWIW. ipsf.com sells a snail labeled as "strombus" snails that will eat Bryopsis, although I'm pretty sure it's not really a strombus snail. Not sure what will eat Dictyota.

Hwa, maybe try keeping your LR in the dark for awhile? Can you keep the inverts in a glass jar or other mantis proof container or construct a little fuge for them?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I got an ID over at RC some time ago but haven't gotten around to finding anything thats confirmed to munching either. I'm guessing a tang and an urchin should do a number on both but I'm guessing the tang police would have me hogtied and facedown in the skimmate if I were to drop one in my little 10g holding tank.. :wink:

Heres the thread @ RC..
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthrea ... did=376322

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: