• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

nanocat

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 29 g. sprunk a leak (I thought) from a seam under the tank. I'm not 100% positive since it could have been a drip from my prizm but I kept toweling it dry around the tank and then a couple of hours later there was more water? In my current lousy mood, I went out to a LFS this morning and bought a brand new 80g. RR visio with sump, pump, overflow, MH canopy and stand. They're going to deliver it tonight. Naturally by the time I got home, I didn't find any more water under the tank. Joke might be on me. Now I'm thinking it was the prizm.

I'm sure I'll love having a "real" tank anyway. So beware you nano owners. It all started with a nano cube, then a second nanocube, then a 10g. with MH, and a 5.5 fuge, then a 29g. and now............

An 80 with a nano cube. I think I need an intervention :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not getting any support from me!

I'm still figuring out how I can afford a 110 when I move. . .

B

SDMike

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nanocat":2ehu2ceb said:
My 29 g. sprunk a leak (I thought) from a seam under the tank. I'm not 100% positive since it could have been a drip from my prizm but I kept toweling it dry around the tank and then a couple of hours later there was more water? In my current lousy mood, I went out to a LFS this morning and bought a brand new 80g. RR visio with sump, pump, overflow, MH canopy and stand. They're going to deliver it tonight. Naturally by the time I got home, I didn't find any more water under the tank. Joke might be on me. Now I'm thinking it was the prizm.

I'm sure I'll love having a "real" tank anyway. So beware you nano owners. It all started with a nano cube, then a second nanocube, then a 10g. with MH, and a 5.5 fuge, then a 29g. and now............

An 80 with a nano cube. I think I need an intervention :D

Now, I've got a line on a "125Tall."

It started with my friend wanting a SW FO tank. He started asking me questions, I got to thinking about reefs...

Bought a(nother) 29gal to start a reef. I figured that it was a good size. Built a sumpfugium. That meant getting the water from the tank to the sump. Overflow, plumbing, pump get bought.

Then I got a screaming deal on a pre-drilled 40L... Move the sump/pump over. Build a hood for my two 70w MH fixtures...

Then I inherited a "50R" tank from a Mexican lady when I was at my LFS. It is still sitting behind my couch while I decide what to do with it. I'm leaning towards upgrading my cichlid tank.

NOW, I have a line on a "125tall" tank. Hmmmm, 60"Lx18"Wx24"T nice size tank... That means more lights, bigger pumps, more LR, etc...

This doesn't count the 55gal, two 20Ls, and a 29 that I have dry at my parent's in VA that I can't get to 'cause there's really no way to ship them safely. In my defense, I've had these tanks since HS/college.

So, to make a longer story short, it don't take much to get the (my) "juices flowing..."

Check out what I came home to today:

Mike

Attachments

• mini-sally the surfing snail 002.jpg
    mini-sally the surfing snail 002.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 443
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's it, you're cut. and you have to change your nickname, nanocat. Hehe.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: