• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rod18844

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone here have one of these corals and Would it be ok to have one in a nano cube? The reason I ask is because I have read different opinions about this particular coral. If anyone can give me some advice I would really appreciate. Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plate corals extend stinging / sweeper tentacles at night, correct? For this reason I am avoiding most LPS in my nanocube - the tight space in there would basically make it so the tentacles could reach a great deal of stuff. I've had bad luck with corals getting wasted in other aquariums, so maybe I'm just overly paranoid. I'd like to hear what other people think.

Oh and my 2ndary reason for not getting one (cuz I do think they look neato riffic) was that they go on the substrate, no? I don't have a lot of open substrate in my nano.

Rod18844

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Hwarang. You answered part of my questions. But my main concern is if they are going to thrive in a nano cube, in other words: are they easy to keep?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*shrug* I'm still noob in a lot of ways ;) ... never had one of those.

I just looked up some info ... basically a few sites describe it as low maintenance / generally easy care ... but they do list it as aggressive towards other corals.

http://www.marinedepotlive.com/marinede ... 64214.html

* it's best to dbl check into gleaned from a retail site ...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's for sure. I wouldn't put any stony coral in a JBJ nanocube, w/o serious upgrades on lighting/flow.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: