• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

snails pace

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what should the water temp be kept at in my 12 gal. nanocube? The temperature in the water has been 74-76 degrees fahrenheit.

How many more nasserius snails can I add to my tank?

Current stock is 3 turbos that do a nice job on the glass and LR. I have 4 red hermits that are lazy and are not active at all. The hermits spend most of their time on the live rock. I just added 5 of the nasserius snails to clean the LS. I am looking to get the LS cleaned.I have one fish, which is the green chromis.

Juck

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on the ambient temperature to some extent,,,, mine ran 80-82 in the summer (I installed a little fan that brought it down),,, now it's running about 76 without the fan,,, I guess anywhere between about 72 and 80 is fine.

The only snail I've had any success with cleaning algae off the sand is the Queen Conch,,, I have a little 1" one in my cube and the sand is spotless. My astrea & turbo snails wouldn't touch algae, though the astrea did gobble up the red cyano when the tank was new. I have 3 astrea & 2 turbos in my cube,, I still have to clean the glass every couple of weeks,, maybe i should add some more.

Ducman996

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a heater.....although I don't think that it does any good. My lights help with the temp. It is running around 79-80.

Rod18844

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But Do I really need a heater for my nano cube, cause the guy from the lfs said that I don't need a heater for the nano cube and they run the nanos without one at the store. So I am a little confused on wheter to use one or not.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bah, don't listen to what they tell you Rod. Telling someone "YOU don't need a heater, because I don't need one" is the most ridiculous thing I've heard all day. If your temperature is too low, you need one. If your ambient room temperature keeps your tank warm enough, you probably don't need one. There's no hurt (except for the cost) in having one though. If anyone happens to open up a window or turn off the house heater in the middle of winter, it would be good insurance.

I like to keep my tank temps a bit higher than the values listed here, more like around 80-82, especially for corals. Check out this article:
http://www.reefs.org/library/article/bi ... oonen.html

reefann

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm with matt get a heater. You dont have to go overboard on the wattage. I try to keep mine on the lower watt possible so if there is a failure you tank does not get fried.
Also I keep my tanks around 80-82.
JJ

Pisces1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
get a heater! i have a Ebo 50-watt and am very happy with it. I don't even need to test my temp anymore. Just set it, and forget it!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: