• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

johns120

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call me odd but many times I prefer many low lighters over high light loving SPS. I am planning on setting up a 20 long and want mainly shrooms and polyps. The trouble is I have to have the flickering that MH's give. So the quiestion is, Will shrooms and poylps get burned under
MH's and.......if so what if i keep the shrooms on either end if the mh bulb is centered?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They won't get burned if you acclimate them to the light slowly. Also, you can get 70W MHs...not very intense but still gives ya that cool glitter line.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear ya'; the lower light guys are a whole 'nother ball park altogether, just like mantis shrimp, SPS tanks, fish only, and other such bobajem...

I always thought that even strong light can be adjusted to lower light loving corals (to a degree...) by raising the Kelvin rating to near ultra blueness and supplemeting with plenty of actinic...

Fozza

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could always position them strategically under crevices, caves and what not.

Metal Halides aren't the only lights that have that glimmering effect anyhow. I have it on my pico with just a 10w mini compact.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: