• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

shawn114

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a skilter filter 250, filter and skimmer in one, is this adequete for my 20 gal? Otherwise I was thinking about buying the Sea Clone backpak. Any input please?

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard mixed reviews about the skilter. I suppose any skimming action would be more efficient than none, so in a 20 gallon I think either one would suffice. There are also simple ways to design a system so it never needs a skimmer, the money can be spent on inhabitants or other gear.

Brandon M.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look into an AquaC Remora or Remora Pro. Both have the option of a cheap suface-skimming add-on and from everything I've heard, much better than a suckclone.

Also, from what I've heard, go with one of either that DON'T have the Rio pumps.. - Go with one that has a Maxi-Jet or Mag to drive it..

And don't be afraid to ask your LFS - if they're reef-dedicated that is....

Norm

ufcd98

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my aquac remora is both quiet and unbelievable efficient at removing ...stuff. I highly recommend it. You will only need the remora, not the "pro", and i found the optional skimmer box akward and do not use it. The version you will want is the maxijet 1200 version. I know premium aquatics had mine.
steve

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: