• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Meloco14

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I am adding a 13 watt PC to the existing 24. I found I can actually fit another 13w in there too. Would it be worth my trouble to actually do this? Will the jump from 37 to 50 watts allow me to keep any of the more demanding corals, anemones, or even an easier clam? Thanks

Juck

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you could probably get one of the less demanding SPS' to grow,,,, I had a monti frag that grew in mine under 24w without a problem,, except it turned brown,, but I expected that,,, might have colored up again under 50w. As long as you place them high in the tank I think it would work ok.

To be honest another 24w bulb in there would be better than a 24 and 2x13 (if you have loads of money hanging about the place),, even though the total wattage would be lower there would still be more intense illumination overall.

Meloco14

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, I can see that, but I already have one of the 13 watt lights and ballasts, and I did look for another 24 watt setup but couldnt find one, I checked hellolights and drs f and s, so at this point I think I'll go with the 13's. Its good info to know for future tanks though, thanks.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: