• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Emery

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Ive decided to go for the nano cube and im wondering if someone could recomend the best/cheapest place to order one on-line??

Thanx in advace

Emery

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Emery,
welcome to reefs.org!
You might ask your local fish store if they can special order one. Then you wouldn't have to pay for shipping, at least. I haven't seen one offered for sale online. Where are you located? Someone might be able to point you in the right direction...

"not sure where, but I know you can find it for $99 so dont pay more than that"
I paid 150, what a sucker I am :D

Emery

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I live in NYC and we dont have the best selection of LFS. Also, most people in NYC dont have cars (including me) so having it delivered right to my door is always nice. But I will ask anyway becuase Im sure ill be taking many trip to them soon. I did come across this little tank, what do you guys think...

13828_1069644143.jpg

13828_1069644278.jpg

What's Included:
ACRYLIC 18 GALLON AQUARIUM with built in sump. This aquarium measures 15" x 15" x 15" and is bent in the front. There is a black false wall 12" from the front. This gives a 3" deep sump. The unit is built from cast acrylic and the tank has clear polished seams. This unit is NEW and GUARANTEED for one year! The aquarium has an 12" x 8" access hole and comes with a cover. It is hand crafted in America with the utmost care and quality. Every unit is inspected for quality and workmanship.

ACRYLIC CANOPY is black and has curved edges. It gives it a molded look. The edges are sanded and polished and shines with a brilliant luster. There is plenty of room for most lighting systems and it is open in the back for ventilation. The canopy sits low enough on the tank to hide the water line at the top of the tank. It is a beautiful addition to such an attractive aquarium.

ACRYLIC VENTURI FILTER is very efficient and powerful. It works extremely well and is very easy to maintain and clean. On the output of the filter is a sponge that keeps the bubbles from returning back into the tank. Occasional rinsing out of the sponge and cleaning/emptying of the collection cup is all that is needed. The filter measures 7" x 14" x 3" and fits directly in the sump. It can removed anytime for cleaning . It is driven by it's own separate Rio 600 pump which generates the air/water mixture for the filter. The SECOND PUMP is a Rio 800 pump and is the pump that circulates the water from the sump to the tank. It turns the tank over approximately 10 times per hour.

It goes for about $185, what do u guys think??

-Emery

Attachments

• tank_1.jpg
    tank_1.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,507
  • tank_2.jpg
    tank_2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,508

Emery

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no it doesnt come with lights but it has more room in the nifty little canaopy than the nano cube. What about that venturi filter it comes with, is that some kind of skimmer??, I havent heard of them.

So you add around $120 for 2 X32w power compacts. Seem like a pretty decent deal.

-Emery

Broadwave1

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Emery -

I Have seen this guys tanks b4.

He sells them on E-Bay and can custom make it for you as well as ship it to your door. Yes it is a good deal!!

He also makes sumps and skimmers...he even makes acrylic shelves to put nick nacks on too :lol:

willtel

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of those 18 gallon cube tanks from eBay. It is really well made and was packed fine for shipping. I removed the skimmer from the back and use the rear compartment as a refugium. It has been set up since February and is doing great. The only thing I would do different if I had to start over would be to skip the rear compartment and go with an external sump. I also built a new canopy for it to hold 2 96 watt PC bulbs. I think if you are looking for a good cube this is a nice one to consider.

Here is a shot right after I set it up.
rock7.jpg

Here is one of the fuge.
to_3.JPG

A few of the canopy before I stained it.
canopy4.JPG

canopy7.JPG

A current tank shot.
nano1.jpg

Juck

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice,,, love the Mission style stand,,, where did you get it? Could I trouble you for the dimensions? (including the size of tank it would take).

Did you make it? If you did,,, Will you make me one?,,, I'll give you $100, a Coral Beauty and 5 yellow-tail blue damsels. :)

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone in this thread,
Welcome to reefs.org!
I've never seen so many new faces (er...login names) before!

willtell,
You've got a great looking tank there. The first thing that stuck out at me was that gorgeous looking gorgonian you have...is it Pseudopterogorgia bipinnata? If so, I know how nice your water conditions must be to have its polyps out like that. Please, post more close up pics!

willtel

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Juck":16azdxj5 said:
Very nice,,, love the Mission style stand,,, where did you get it? Could I trouble you for the dimensions? (including the size of tank it would take).

Did you make it? If you did,,, Will you make me one?,,, I'll give you $100, a Coral Beauty and 5 yellow-tail blue damsels. :)

Cheers

I bought the stand from Pier 1 Imports (www.pier1.com). I'm not sure if they still have them but I only paid $100 for it on sale. I think normal price was $150.

The top of the stand is 15.75" square. the bottom is 15.75" deep and 21" wide and it is about 31" tall.

Matt_Wandell":16azdxj5 said:
willtell,
You've got a great looking tank there. The first thing that stuck out at me was that gorgeous looking gorgonian you have...is it Pseudopterogorgia bipinnata? If so, I know how nice your water conditions must be to have its polyps out like that. Please, post more close up pics!

I'm really not sure what type of gorgonian that it is but it does look very similar to a Pseudopterogorgia bipinnata. I got it at a LFS and plopped it in the tank and it has been doing ok ever since. When I first got it there was more of a silver tint to the polyps but it has turned a little since then. I will try to get some better pics of it tonight when I get home.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: