• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

how did YOU affix it to the back wall? silicone? just trying to see if anyone found any special adhesive etc ...

MattGecko

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will be waisting space. Why not just cover the intake and cut out teeth above the old intake?

I love the avitar : ) Big fish, little fish

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Durr!!!

That's a very good idea. It'd be much easier to cram some hot glue or silicone into the vents and whatnot. Sheeeeite, I could even get that done and done tonight!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 part epoxy...it doesn't need to be affixed very well. The differential in water pressure holds it on w/o any glue.

I don't know how you're going to put silicone on an existing tank; it needs to cure for 24-48 hours.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I know, I was trying to find a way around that ... but I think I'm going to hot glue the vents shut and just cut an overflow into the top of the divider wall.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, I see. Why not glue a piece of acrylic or plastic to the back of the vent (kind of like the bottom vent is), and then cut the slots? It might look a little cleaner.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scored and snapped a 2"x4" section of acrylic and hot glued it to the vent. Then I used a hacksaw to cut even little slits all along the length of the left section. Then I used a needlenose pliers to snap the teeth out one by one. I actually snapped them all out, opting for a smooth overflow versus a thoothed deal. It skims the surface like a mofo. It was cool, I watched all the scum go within 10 seconds of turning on the filter. When I used the hacksaw (it was a mini one with a fine blade) I put my small fish net under it to catch the shavings and it worked awesome. Only problem is that it's kinda oogly. It was too awkward to glue it to the back so I glued it to the front. It'll look better after I put a flat black strip of plastic over it to make it blend a little better.

WOOT.

Oh and ps that DIY skimmer made of PVC is too wide in diameter to fit in the back section. :(

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome. Isn't it cool watching all that...uh, stuff, getting sucked up?

MattGecko

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to replace the divider wall with a blue plexiglass wall. Whats the best glue adhesive to use?

I bought my tank used and semi stripped, I'm going to use the back as a fuge. What PH should I buy?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is dry/empty, correct? Use Silicone (make sure it says 100% silicone, otherwise it may contain a toxic curing agent).

I put a MJ600 in mine and i have to say it's just about the right size. some of my shrooms aren't doing so hot, and i think partly because of flow.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say your PH choice depends on what you're keeping too. I have a MJ 1200 on mine (295 gph) with southdown sand.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: