• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

birdman204

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I love my minibow and thought I' post a few pics so you all don't think i am a troll.....
:D
nanoreef.jpg

zoos2.jpg

zoos1.jpg

pistolshrimp1.jpg

sexy1.jpg

montiorangepurple.jpg

montigreen.jpg

clowngoby.jpg

crocea1.jpg

birdman204

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These were taken about 2 mos. ago. Growth since then has been AMAZING!!! The tank is heading towards the one year mark and It inspired me to start a large tank recently, I now have an 80G that the wife actually loves, I say that because she hated this tank for the longest time :D

birdman204

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That little orange one down front , I know, I love that!

Whateva' Hwara, keep that slobber away from the glass... J/K. It is merely a tank that I applied all the info I have learned from books, fellow reefers and web info to. Thanks to all who have helped, offered advice, and frags along the way, Rscheng, I think you helped me few times way back when....

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're in the O.C., you can't be that far away from me. You must tell me where you are NOW so I may come and go gahgah over that tank. ;)

Btw, wanna fill us in on the photog specs?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool, troll :D just kidding.

You take very nice pics! Mind posting tank specs, fish inhabitants besides the goby, etc? Do you have a goby for the pistol shrimp?

birdman204

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gil, What are you doing tonight :D Saturday may work, But I'd like to go Ride my Bike. Action shots?

Matt. sure.....
It's a 7G minibow. I have a 70W MH w/ an osram(thanks mav) electronic ballast, 2x32 W pc, 1 actinic over the display, 1 10K over the fuge. 1 three inch fan in the custom hood provides most of the cooling, in summer, I have another 3 inch fan used outside the tank. With these, I can run the tank as low as 72 degrees, but prefer to run it at 78, my Ebo 100 is a workhorse :D. Anecdotal evidence says corals grow faster in warmer water, something about metabolism I think... I'd have to look it up.
I am using a Physh1 (www.californiareefs.com ) autotopoff switch mounted in the CPR's return for a steady , more spaced out dosing. a side note, I will never have another tank W/O a topoff, I love this thing! The fuge has a rio200, and the Closed loop is a dolphin 385 (soon to be a stronger, more reliable eheim) with a scwd in front of the returns. There is about 8 - 10 lbs of LR, and about 10 - 12 LBS of LS/CC.
Tank inhabs currently not pictured , New zoos, maybe 5 - 6 different colors. all tiny frags.. a nice orange cap that has already started growing like a weed, and a some LR rubble was added to the fuge for the breeding mysis, these guys boomed, died off, and are booming again, so I'd like to offer them some more space to do their thing ;)
The clown goby is the only fish. I have 1 scarlet cleaner, 3 sexy shrimp, 1 alpheus randalli but no stonogobiops to go with him, the substrate is too shallow, plus I already have the yellow clown. about 6 micro hermits from IPSF and 6 strombus from the same, the strombus and stomatellas have been breeding for some timenow, and many have gone to local reefers. Micro stars INFEST the CC substrate. My stony growth has literally TAKEN OFF in the past few months. I dunno what to attribute it to, My guess was a switch from a weaker kalk solution to a stronger saturated solution. I think with the animal size now, they can handle the excess CA. Which reminds me, time to test..... Grabs test tube, and heads off to the tank.....
Oh Yeah thanks for the comments guys;)
-Ryan-

*scurries back down stairs*

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: