• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Ticeman

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed the other night that my 12 gallon nanocube is home to three very small aptasia. They are all near the bottom of a piece of LR and are hard to get to. I have tried getting to them with hair tweezers but they are out of reach. What would be the best way to rid my tank of these little guys :twisted: . Would Joes Juice be too much in such a small tank? Should I go the peppermint shrimp way?
I need some ideas.

Thanks,
Tice

tazdevil

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pepp shrimp have no guarantees, however, I'd be nervous about Joe's juice in a nano. Just not enough info about it out, and esp. due to the fact that his formula is so secretive, yet if he's applied for a patent, I don't think anyone can copy his formula if he discloses it. If you can, the other method to try would be the Kalk injection.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave in and tried joe's juice. best $12 i ever spent. rid myself of the pesky aiptasia with only the tinyest squirt and none have been back since. peppermint shrimp didn't die, though i wish he would have. if the patent is approved then we can look up the specific recpie for joe's juice because it'll be public knowledge. w00t!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: