• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Pisces1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:oops: Big bummer...this is totally my fault and I thought I'd let you all know. I lazily only was propping up the hood of the tank with one of the plastic doo-dads and the other day the piece to hold it broke, so now I only have one left. It was my mistake, but damn that piece is flimsy. I went to Home Depot hoping beyond hope I'd find a replacement. No luck. I tried supergluing it together and it didn't work. A word to the wise, use both plastic arms. I guess I can see if JBJ has some replacements.

Juck

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my second Nanocube the other day and they've redesigned the doo-dads a bit.

The new design has two pivoted doo-dads on each side so the hood is permanently attached to the base,,,, I prefer the older design which worked like the supports on a car hood,,, not sure why it was changed.

ReefAddict11

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a paper binder clip.

Attachments

• stand.jpg
    stand.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 781

Pisces1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I wasn't clear in my original post. The arm itself is fine. It was acutally the piece where the screw is. I think I got the old design where the arms aren't screwed in and is housed in this plastic piece so the arm can swivel. This design is way better and probably was the result of people like me complaining. Oh well, thanks for the suggestion though.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I haven't really needed those arms at all. If you remove the rubber grommets that the pump and light wires go through (you have to do this anyway if you want to put a heater wire through there, and a thermometer probe, etc.), the hood will go just a little past vertical and stay there on its own. I was tempted to use some velcro tape on the wall behind it to secure it, but it works just fine w/o any mods. I threw those cheesy little arms away.

Pisces1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Matt. Great suggestion! I was a little bummed out about this but now you've shown me the "light!"

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: