• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

anemonelover

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there -

For those who have eclipse nanos... did you go with the system as is or did you change the hood in anyway? I want to change the lights to supercompact, but I'm not sure I can make it fit (3 gallon system). I know that lighting can always be upgraded, but is the one in there good enough for a little soft coral system? Says "F6 T5 Daylight".

Thanks -
jae

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you will be much happier with a 13w powercompact system, 20 bucks total and will surely fit in the hood with a little work...
www.hellolights.com
It will be much brighter than the bulb setup you mention. If I were you I would buy two 13w setups, and find a way to install both of them. Be prepared to wire in a little fan from RadioShack most likely or hit it from behind with a small desk fan, but still not a very hard task. Would you be up for some light retrofit work>

B

anemonelover

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I am up for a little retrofitting as long as it's nice and light. For such a little system with no particularly hugely light demanding corals. I have some motorcycle adhesive heat shielding laying around which works great for retrofitting purposes. Think one PC would be good? There's just no way to delude myself into thinking I can incorporate the ballast, is there? :wink:

BTW, any thoughts on this? :
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=4407&Ne=40000&R=8226&N=2004+22782

Thanks,
j[/url]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: