• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Ticeman

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to figure this picture deal out so I'm sorry if it does not show up.

Thanks,
Tice

Attachments

• p2120023n.jpg
    p2120023n.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 957

Zak

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Aquascaping! Looks great. Do you have an additional pump in your tank? What is the piece of piping in the upper left hand corner?

Ticeman

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks -

I running a small power head in the back compartment with the tube running over the divider wall. The flow is medium but just enough to make a little counter current in the tank and make some movement on the surface. I also am running a small air stone in the back under about 15 or so bio balls. I don't know if this is doing much but I figured it would at least help gas exchange. Currently I'm running stock lighting and everything is loving it.

I will update with side view pictures tonight.

Thanks,
Tice

nanocat

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, especially that arched piece on top. I'm still at the stock lighting also, and the LPS are growing like crazy.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'd like to see a shot of the stand too. the presentation of a nano tank is also fun, and i would like to see other ppl's ideas on that. i used a stand that puts my nano at eye level and draped two complimentary colored cloths over them perpendicular style.

Ticeman

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what kind of soft coral that is in the middle of my tank?

Hey you lookin at me?

Thanks,
Tice

Attachments

• p2120022n.jpg
    p2120022n.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 878

investigator1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a very very very light starved, (Because it is so dark brown in the pictures), finger leather. Specifically I am leaning towards the blushing finger leather.

Ticeman

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the piece from a LFS which was keeping them in a tank covered by MH lights. I had my eye on the corals for over a week and the brown color is normal. The coral has been growing and seems happy so I don't think it is starving from light. The coral has been in my tank for almost 2 months. I have seen some pretty amazing things kept in these little nanos with stock lighting.

Thanks,
Tice

Ticeman

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Investigator
You're right about it being a blushing leather coral. Thanks

I was wondering why my LR is turning a slight green color on top? I have been using distilled water for my water changes. I change out about 3/4 of a gallon a week. My lights are on for about 10 hours. Nitrates and Ammonia are great and salt is at 1.024. PH8.2. Temp 81. Calcium 410

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tice

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
algae? or coralline algae? lets see if i can go two for two? (i miss ID'ed the blushing finger)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: