• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

My leather was mad at me for messing around in the tank, hence the retracted polyp action.

front_nice.jpg

leftangle_nice.jpg

rightangle_nice.jpg

zoos_green.jpg

blastomussaDuster.jpg

(above) blastomussa and feather duster

porcelain_anemone.jpg

Zak

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Love the macro algea in the back. What do you have, Halameda (SP??) and ???

Beautiful BTA as well. what is your current lighting?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great - that toadstool will take ove the tank in short order though methinks.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank. That's not a BTA though, Zak. Not sure, but it looks like a Heteractis malu.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks nikon. i really took my time positioning the mag float for the best feng shui.

the LFS sold the anemone as a sebae ... $20.00 ... :)

... it's 32w of lighting. i've got more ordered and on the way.

it's halimeda and Rhipidosiphon javensis (shaving brush).

Ticeman

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank. I like the way you have placed everything.
With the LR in the back do you need to do anything with it(cleaning, etc)?
Do you have a electric fan on your tank? My nano runs about 82 and I'm thinking that in the summer months I will need something extra to cool it down.

Thanks,
Tice

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where is your tank located ticeman? and what kinda lighting do you have...southern phoenix is a hot place to live in the summer time, i did for 12yrs..but if you arent running hot lighting like MH's or VHO's and its in a cooler room of your house/apt you should be good...maybe putting a desk oscillating fan on it during the summer....

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the LR in the back do you need to do anything with it(cleaning, etc)?

Nope. That's why I kept the rockwork away from the 3 glass sides, so I can easily swipe the magnet cleaner around. I carefully tested to make sure it had clearance everywhere. Hopefully the back wall will become encrusted with coraline. The rock only actually touches the back wall to about halfway up.

Do you have a electric fan on your tank?
Not yet, but I will need to in the summer. :)

cain

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic work! The way you centered everything really sets it off like a framed picture with a large matte.

Meloco14

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you using the magnet cleaner that came with the cube? I was afraid to use it thinking it might scratch. It also looks like you didn't do anything to modify the return flow, how is that working out for you? It seems like kind of an odd angle to me

nanocat

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had any scratches with the mag float. The tanks are glass. I'm not even particularly careful around the sandbed...YMMV.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
meloco - the magnet cleaner is perfectly safe on the glass. i haven't modified my return output, but in my pix you see the magnet cleaner up there at a 45 degree angle? that's to break up the flow and surface slime, putting it there creates a tiny whirlpool in the corner.

Meloco14

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats pretty creative, I thought it was just there by chance. Its a good idea though. I was thinking of drilling the return out and adding a little diverter that came with one of my powerheads, I think it should work...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nah, it's just lazy. i was thinking about doing all kinds of stuff to modify the return flow ... then i discovered i could do it far, far easier with no permanent modifications.

:)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: