• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Have any of you seen this yet? On their site but without any details, price or whatever. Looks like a winner tho!

nanocube_pic3_stand.jpg

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet we can expect a full line of improvements and accessories. JBJ surely is aware of the success of the nanocube and recognizes the ability to cash in on upgrades - they're already planning a lighting upgrade for the Nanocube2.

Newreefer1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12g Nano Cube Stand
LxWxH = 15"x15"x28"

H-dog you forgot these minute details (the dimensions). Where did see info on the nano2 at? and damn I haven't even finished putting my nano1 together yet :( . I'm still curing my live rock. oh yeah and it stinks :!:

Juck

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that's what I'm talking about.

Can you make me a matching base? With a pickled oak finish? :)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow.

i'd actually be more interested in ordering the stand and base for my 2.5 and 5.5 aquariums ... TEH R33T.

MattGecko

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I do not have the room to build the bigger stuff (stands and anything over 12G).

I have build a matching 2.5G & 5.5G canopy and base set stained in cherry. It was very nice. If my wife would let me, I'd have wall to wall tanks. ~wishfull thinking~

Juck

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh,, i didn;t mean a big stand thing,, just a matching base to cover the black trim at the bottom,, kinda like they have at nanohoods.com ,, but nicer.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, MattGecko! Those are NICE!

The one thing that bothers me though is what part of the filtration do you 86' when you use your canopy over what came with the setup? Is it all in the back of the cube? Or are there components that get ripped out when you put on an "aftermarket" hood?

Oh yeah, the other thing... Those are preeeeetyy priceee for such a small canopy, dont you think...? I dont know, Im just sayin cause I know the effort you put into them, its just the market for such a thing doesnt seem to be roaring, and the price might be a factor... Also, could you make them in black, to match the borders and stuff of the cube'?

MattGecko

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JUCK,
Unfortunately I am not building any type of base for this tank.

DEWR,
I feel my prices are reasonable, I spend a lot of extra time sanding the oak skin / joints all by hand to get everything to come out smooth and perfect. As you can see from my customer feedback page, the quality really shows. I build these as a hobby and only am able to complete about 3-4 a month as I only have a small work shop. I usually have 2-4 week waiting list.

I got excited and posted my first picture early of the "unfinished" N-Cube canopy. That canopy is being painted black and clear coated, it will be completed some time next week and I'll post the pictures on my site.

The majority of the canopies I have sold have been black but I also stain them (with Minwax) in whatever color my customs request. I will have another N-cube canopy finished in "red mahogany" that will be completed in a few weeks, I'll post the pictures on my site when its done.

How are you loosing anything with the filtration, I don't understand? If anything your gaining access to add a skimmer or HOB filter (Unless its requested, the glass will not cover the sump area).

I picked up a used nanocube so I don't know what's supposed to be in the sump exactly. I was going to add live rock, macro, a heater and an AQ-300 with an Iceprobe in it to my N-cube tank. Wouldn't that be OK?

Matt

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhhh.... Gotcha Matt; your canopies arent just canopies. Theyre the kind of things youre proud of and put out in doctor's offices and fancy lounges. I thought you were turning them out quicker than you were for some reason; sorry :oops: ! Now that I know that youre going to stain, and can stain them in all the minwax colors, the light is coming to me! Speaking of doctor's offices and such, I might have some great business for you in a short bit! All these fancy Napa doctors and chiropractors and dentists and such are always taking the bait I lay out to start a nano or even a regular/large sized reef in their offices/waiting places; these people dont really know quality from a gorilla's left index finger, but they understand price! They trust me, so Id give them the best I know of for the furniture and such; youre the best I know of now!
By the way, you dont make stands yet, do you? Like, not-on-the-site-custom style? And how many orders can you handle at once or within a 2-4 month period? You dont build stuff simultaneously, do you? What about customized peices? Like name plaques or inlays? Oh man, people around here would just eat your stuff up, and pay even higher markups... :mrgreen:
Matt, have you ever tried building a guitar? I know its off topic, but I was just wondering about that brace-work I saw on the underside of the canopy... If so, you should try doing the inlays like on the fretboards on the canopies, like Taylor! That would be the most awesome thing EVER!!!
Even rich people like around here would know whats what when they see a nano-canopy inlaid with abalone or mother of pearl or something crazy!

... I think I have a nack for babbling... :oops:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, I forgot; I was asking about the filtration and its potential loss of use when removing the nano-cube stock hood because, like a moron :oops: , I was thinking along the lines of a la Eclipse-style... I thought there was a pump or some sort of plumbing that ran through the original hood of the nano-cube that would be removed with removal of the whole hood assembly-thingy. Ive never owned a nano-cube (but Im about to; $86 at a pseudo-LFS), so I dont know its workings almost at all...
Yeah, I can see how removing the stock lighting hood and replacing it with one of your canopies can be a huge boon to system performance; the skimmer, MHs, all the good stuff!
Sorry about the mix up... :oops:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: