• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

edwin.exe

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard people say take out all the filtering stuff, i've heard people say leave the foam and I've heard people say leave everything in there. What do you guys do with your JBJ Nano Cube filter stuff? (Right now, I've got everything out of there, with 12 lbs of live rock doing the filtration.)

tazdevil

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your planned bioload/inhabitants? Tell us what you plane on keeping in there, we'll tell you what's the best way- FOWLR nano and Reef Nano are different here.

Meloco14

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I agree with Taz, there are lots of options that we could go through but it may do nothing but cause unneccessary confusion. Let us know your ideal inhabitants and we will recommend the best filtration for your needs. But so far youre on the right track with just using natural filtration

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this sounds like a question for the Hwarang! {cue the superhero music}...Hwarang seems to be the JBJ nano expert.. :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks for the compliment, but if you inflate my ego too much I'll just start spouting off a lot. I just know what's worked for me :)

I took out the ceramic rings. Merely because I had LR rubble rock from another aquarium on hand. So I wouldn't have to wait for bacteria and stuff to cycle on the rings. It was a speed issue with me. I think in the end, the rings do the same as rubble rock / LR back there ... so if you don't have any on hand and your tank is cycling you may as well keep them in there. Bonus is that they're in that mesh bag so you can easily remove them for cleaning every so often. I also wanted to make space for a heater (which I quickly discovered was moot in an overheating nano).

I left the other stuff. The bioballs are acting like a fence, keeping stuff out of the powerhead area, in case anything decides to jump into the back area (good thing too, because i keep finding my peppermint shrimp that won't eat aiptasia in the sump area. i think he climbs out of the water and simply goes over the edge.

The foam stuff, I left in mine. *shrug* the caveat with them is that you need to be diligint about cleaning them or they become polluters not cleaners. very quickly.

hey, post some pix of your tank!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not trying to boost your ego the whole cue the superhero music was a joke.. :lol: but you seem to know the JBJ better than most people ive seen post here.. :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: