• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you elaborate on how you fit the two 32's in lengthwise? i had to angle it to fit one. thanks!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh i think i see. did you cut holes in the side of the hood and allow the boot/cord to go out there?

dreko1

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need to cut any holes in the side,
I've got all three lights stuffed inside the splash guard and they are nice and straight....
However, the wiring will be snug against the plastic...

Good luck
Andre

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm ok, thanks. i'll give it a shot this weekend - put the 2nd one in and whatnot.

dreko1

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I installed 6 30x30mm cpu fans into the hood....
Basically they sit between the ABS plastic and metal reflector. I also drilled lots of ventilation holes all around the hood and plastic splash guard...
Tomorrow I'll see how 'hot' the hood really gets. My vornado has been blowing on it as a safefy precaution

My tank LOVES the upgraded lighting... porites coral is jumping back to life, alveopora is blossoming well, etc.
I wish JBJ had offered this in the BEGINNING, rather than us all modifying their design

I'll post some pics on www.nano-reef.com

Dre

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm i tried in vain to fit a 2nd 32w PC in there... ? they're definitely too long, like by a whole inch. are you sure you don't have 28w PC bulbs? often times they're sold as 32w ...

i ordered a smaller set of bulbs from hellolights, that should be easier to fit in and would bring my wattage up to about 60 and help distribute the light source evenly... we shall see how that goes.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: