• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

JD'sReef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO it is not really a Nano because all I have is black sand and a star fish in my little 10. However I was woundering if my backpack (cpr) is to much for a 10 gallon? Can you over skim a new tank?
I am waiting to find the perfect piece of live rock (maybe Inland Reef will finish their live stock area in the next 2 years; just kidding guys), so just my troublesome star is living in there right now. Will a little 18 watt JBJ PC be enough of what do you all use; within reason guys. The MH is on my show tank, this is just to play.
Thanks
J.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not think the 18w light will be enough wattage, nor will it cover the width of your 10g tank very well. I've used lots of the 32w smartlite retrofits and even they are too short. I'd cram two of the 32's in the hood if you can.

JD'sReef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Hwarang
The problem is that I have the Cpr hanging from the side of the tank so a hood is going to be a challenge to fit on their. There is only going to be a piece of live rock for the time being. Maybe I will try to retro fit something like you said.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: