• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I really like the looks of these little guys, and I wouldn't mind having a small one to eat the coralnie from the back wall of my JBJ nanocube... is there a species you might recommend? Something small, non poisonous etc, fairly innocuous type of urchin?

A

Anonymous

Urchins in smaller nanos are difficult, I personally don't know of any that would remain small enough and not have a tendency to get caught up in rockwork and the like. Maybe Matt or Brandon will know better than I.

A

Anonymous

yeah i've been checking into it ... perhaps an urchin is not the best choice. this nano thing is really fun but again i am already frustrated by the tough choices i have to make.

i want my cake and i wanna eat it too!

thanks for the reply seamaiden

A

Anonymous

Sho thang. You don't like the coralline algal growth? Aren't those JBJ's acrylic? I think something that would eat coralline might end up damaging it. (I have no idea what those nano-cubes are made of, honestly.)

A

Anonymous

No I like coraline, and I actually prefer it to encrust anything man made in my tank (I'll try to post a pic of one of my FW's ... my obsession is removing all hardware and equipment from the main tank and hiding what you cannot), but I figured it could keep an urchin happy that that might be cool.

And the JBJ is a glass tank, which is one big selling point to me. I do not like acrylic, sam I am.

A

Anonymous

Hwarang..maybe a blue tuxedo...he may remain small enough...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: