• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

kimichan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, i haven't posted anything in a while because i wanted to make sure everything wasn't going to die. here are some pics of the construction of the tank. it is a ten gallon divided 60/40 with a 2x28 watt retrofit lighting kit and a 10000K and an actinic light bulb. i have about 12 lbs aragonite sand and 7 lbs live rock. mike mutalipassi (bleeding blue) and matt wandell (matt_wandell) helped me out the most and gave me most of my ideas, or at least told me if my ideas were right or wrong. anyways, here:

Attachments

• side view.jpg
    side view.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 938
  • front beginning.jpg
    front beginning.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 941
  • maxi jet 1200.jpg
    maxi jet 1200.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 936

kimichan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i bought my first coral. i like it.

Attachments

• coelerpa.jpg
    coelerpa.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 934
  • front present.jpg
    front present.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 934
  • brand new hammerhead coral not quite open.jpg
    brand new hammerhead coral not quite open.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 934

Bleeding Blue

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good Dan. What is that back of the hammer coral picture? Xenia? I think that you are going to have a nice little nano on your hands. Don't forget that you will have to add calcium and buffer now that you have lps.

Keep posting pics.

Mike

kimichan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hairy mushroom. xenia doesn't look too good because tank got hot when water touched lights one day. hairy mushroom was like dead for a few days and then when the tank got hot he went from .5 to 3 inches across. sick.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your ancora might appreciate being closer to the light as well....

kimichan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will he die otherwise. I was wondering about that, because the half that is closer to the light is fine, but the other half hasn't opened up that much. what do you think?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I doubt the half closer to the light is really receiving much more light. It can't hurt to put it up at the top of your LR. You'll want to watch the bottom of the flesh, where it meets the skeleton. Any recession in this area is a bad sign. They seem to be opened up reasonably well for their first day in the tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: