• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

fungia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you guys drip kalkwasser in your nanos and how do you do it if you do? i am afraid the ph will go too high if I drip. is there a recommended dripper?

also, can i just mix kalkwasser with less powder so it isnt as strong?

Bleeding Blue

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drip kalkwasser. I use a nurse system to drip the kalkwasser and do my topoffs. I like the system because there are no moving parts or pumps to fail. It probably causes a slight ph spike when it begins to topoff, but all of my corals seem to be thriving, so I do not see it as being too big a problem. My topoff holds two gallons of kalkwasser. And I usually fill it with normal freshwater every third topoff. I do this more out of habit than out of knowledge, but I figure that I should not change it if it is working.

Mike

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can dilute Kalk. I add about 1/8th of a gallon of Kalk at a conc. of 1 tsp per gallon of DI water to my 6 gallon tank every day.

wetworx101

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dilute kalk into my autotopoff unit. It prevents the spiking since it doses small amounts throughout the day.

Secam

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to my local pet store and bought a dripper for a reptile aquarium. They need dripping water to emulate the humidity of a rain forest. It works great and cost me less than ten bucks.

Secam

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• dripper.jpg
    dripper.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 827

Gary_T

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using a medical feeding bag. It's the kind used for IV feeding, and has a dip-chamber were you can monitor the flow.

I got mine from a pharmacy that also sold medical supplies. Cost was about $10. It came with the drip-chamber for monitoring, plus the roller/pinch valve to control the flow and a hose about 3 feet long. It holds just over 1000ml.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: