• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well.

I was serviceing my 20g Clear for life system it is doing great until i noticed that the back rright corner was starting to seperate from the back panel.... arggggg... this is the third acrylic tank i have had bust on me. one 180g, 60g and now this...... No more acrylic tanks... So I went and got me a 20g glass tank for $29....

I grabbed an ehiem liberty 200 hang-on filter (200gph) and two maxijet 1200's (295gph ea) so 790gph in a 20g... i think thats enough!

I added about 35lbs of sand and 22lbs of LR... I am gonna use the same 65w smart-lite.... i hope i will not need any more light

i am not gonna use a heater. I am gonna see how it goes...

here are some pics after set-up

dscn1116.jpg

dscn1118.jpg

shalegac

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel your pain. I too have had 3 acrylic tanks (all 10 gallon) bust seems on me after the tank was up for aprox. 2 weeks. :evil: No more acrylic for me!
Nice start, keep us updated.

LA-Lawman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is a mix of the Natures ocean live sand. Figi pink and the Carib-sea live oolite.....

i like it. it looks good.... i think it looks more natural....

these eheim filters are great. I am glad i had one laying around.... all i had to buy was the tank and some more rock....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: