• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This nano is turning out to be very high-tech :P

18 gallon glass bowfront (not sure who makes it, but it's a gorgeous tank). I'll take pics of it as soon as it gets here.
Aquamedic Titan 150 mini chiller I got from www.championlighting.com 's Reefs.org Powerbuy.
50W Visatherm heater.
Teklight/Sunlight Supply 4 x 24" T-5 fluorescent fixture (black)

The two other things I need to figure out are what skimmer I want to use and how to set up an auto-top-off for the nano. I'm also thinking about adding a CPR hang-on refugium. It's taken me about 6 months to acquire my parts, but I'm almost there ;)

Just wanted to share.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len,
I must say I'm a little frightened by how cool I know your nano is going to be. :D :D :D

I'd get a BakPak, and then you can put your heater in there at least.

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len I can't wait to see pics of the chiller and nano to get a size comparison between the two. That chiller will allow you to push the bounds of the Nano in extreme directions--the desired cooling for a serious octopus lair or an SPS Nano with MH lighting, if the upgrade is ever needed. All I can say is this forum is building some serious Nano reference material and we can't wait for pics Len

Brandon

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len, since I know you can afford it, consider a dosing pump for the topoff. I was unhappy with the results of my nurce topoff. The design works great on larger tanks, but it's just not precise enough (for me anyway, but I'm a freak like that) for such a small tank when dosing Kalk. Another drawback is that it's probably adding a bit more Kalk during the day when the lights are on, rather than at night when you want it to. After seeing Mike's tank after he added 2 gallons of Kalk to it, and hearing about Minh's disaster, it seemed well worth the money to have the peace of mind. I can pretty much leave my tank for a week now without even touching it.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not too inclined to spend another 200 bux on a dosing pump, but it looks like the most reliable way to do it. I'll see what I can save up.

Chances are, this is going to be a frogfish and SPS tank. 4 x 24" T-5's are pretty damn bright; I'll be getting the bulbs in later this week and will test the PAR to see if it's up to snuff with the old 70W DE MH I had running on my old nano (I'm guessing it'll be brighter by far).

I'll definitely post pics when I get the tank. I can't wait myself ;)

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I wish to have the money to set up all the tanks I want to. :)

Sounds like this should be a seriously cool tank Len. :P

Shane

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: