• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

kimichan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got these things on my glass. they are like little 3/16 inch bubbles with little white things in them. i'm thinking eggs of some sort. starfish? stail? polychaete? they are flexible but very tough. i can use a scrubber pad over them and they don't break. also, for bleeding blue and wombat, i have coralline all over the glass. i'm leaving it because in a week or so this tank will be the fuge, and i want it there. also, a fish store guy tole me a good idea: if you want coralline, scrape it off a rock with a blade into the powerhead current and it will disperse everywhere. i don't know, sounds cool to me.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect circles, clear, with little white spots randomly scattered? About 1/8-1/4" across, and tough as a fingernail? Those are snail eggs. I have the same exact ones on my glass, in my overflow, etc. If you're lucky you'll spot the snail laying them. All those snails I gave you are like little sea bunnies that reproduce like CRAZY. I'm still not sure what snail they are, either cerith or nerite snails. One of these days I'll actually look it up. They're harmless grazers, and pretty soon you'll see lots of little babies.

What the LFS guy told you is true. You can break it up and it will help it spread. If you have it growing on your glass already, it sounds like it doesn't need help.

kimichan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay well then what are the little white things like 1/8 inch in diameter that formed on the back of my tank that look like little dog doo doo's, and kinda like little feather duster tubes?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: