• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

Is there any particular brand of aquarium all you nano gurus love most? I'm thinking in the 5-8 gallon range...

shalegac

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my all-glass. I had three different acrylic and all leaked. It may just be my dumb luck though :roll: . Alot of people like the eclipse which comes in many different sizes and shapes.

plankton123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, must agree that the new(er) GLASS bow-front tanks look very nice. 7G nano with 13W 50/50 PC lighting is prolly a good start. If you go to a 20" footprint then you can easily add the newer 96W quads that Coralife sells. Sweet lighting system for about $99.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All acrylic for me...it's a must to be able to drill it. I like the look of the eclipse hoods.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Havnt a few people drilled the AGA glass 7g bow with a dremel and a grinding tip made for glass?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see why not, but it's just much easier to drill acrylic IMO. Especially with several holes close together without cracking.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For cost and looks the AGA 7 Minibow or the Eclipse 12 would be my choices. My only complaint about eclipse tanks is being acrylic coralline can be a real pain to get off if it gets settled on.

I currently have an AGA 7 Minibow (just a pair of black perculas and some LR) with just a powerhead and a CPR Aquafuge 12 on it (you have to modify hood a bit to make it fit) and a 32w CSL lighting retro. Both the Eclipse hoods and the 7 AGA have a lot of kits that will fit them for beefing up the lighting.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. 7 gal bow. I've got one, but may either set it up as a fuge for my next tank (72bow) or sell it off.

Although my 15 Gal High is cool too.

B

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: