• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious, and an attempt to get some ideas:

What fish do you stock your nano with, and what size is your tank?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, unfortunately, I'm not giving YOU any ideas: :D
A yasha goby
A pair of Helfrich's firefish

Cool fish that I was considering:
Eight lined wrasse
Splendid or orchid dottyback
Royal gramma

UnderGrad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 Nemateleotris magnifica (orange firefish)
1 Ecsenius bicolor (bicolor blenny)
I wanted to also put a six-line wrasse in, but some people would say I'm already overstocked as it is.
My display is about 12 gallons connected to a 3 gallon fuge = 15g total.
No skimmer, only LR filtration with ~35% weekly water changes. Had the fish in there for ~2 months with no problems so far. HTH!

-AM-

Apophis924

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One oscellara clown
One Lawnmower Blenny
One 4 stripped damsel.
20 gal 110 PC lighting.
refugeium no skimmer
constant kalk drip
and a gruop of assorted sofites, LPS and ricordias

UnderGrad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to get off topic on this thread, but where did you order them from? And, more importantly, how much did you have to pay for them? You still have your soul, right? :wink:

-AM-

kimichan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to point out that when Bleeding Blue said "I want to add a pair of something," he really meant "I added a pair of tomato clowns, but as a result of my poor care giving, one of them died withing a week, just like the new clam that died within a day last week." Bleeding Blue also tries on a regular basis to keep goldfish, but never seems to have any luck.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quite the stern words from someone who's setting up their first tank :D Actually, the clam died from shipping stress, and the clown was probably on its way anyway. It was rescued from an aggressive tank with a clown trigger, bird wrasse, PB tang, and 4 damsels, which I'm sure was stressing it out. Deaths happen sometimes regardless of how much care we give our tanks, and that's something you'll learn eventually. Now apologize if you want to keep your job :twisted: :twisted:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swissguard basslet
Pygmy angel in a largeish nano (20 gallons or so?)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15 High: 1 lawnmower blennie. (It should be called a podmower blennie)
And one purple firefish, Maybe. I haven't seen him since I put him in the tank a month ago.

7 gal.: 1 Manits. and three. no two, no one One domino damsel. Then the manits died. One domino damsel.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
podmower blenny :lol: puahahahahahah :lol:

I might end up with the same thing I had before (pair of helfrichis and a small flasher wrasse of some kind), but I was thinking about a froggy tank too. Problem with tiny tanks is you can only keep so much in it.

Bleeding Blue

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Kimichan, those are pretty some pretty stern words from someone who hasn't ever kept anything alive before. I hope you don't have to learn the same lessons I learned.

As far as fish go, I think that it might be cool to keep a jawfish, or a pair of jawfish (as our young friend pointed out, I am big on pairs). Most nanos are going to use LR for most of their filtration rather than a DSB. Thus, the disturbance to the sand from these cool little fish would be pretty harmless. Also, they tend to stay close to their burrows, and thus don't need a lot of swimming space.

Mike

kimichan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm sorry, but not for the goldfish comment. That's just straight comedy. And I do agree with Bleeding Blue on the pairs thing. It just looks better if a tank has a pair of fish. Especially clowns who host in something. Bleeding Blue's Tomato looks great and he has it hosting in a xenia. A single fish just looks lonely. Plus, when there's a pair, they do more interesting things. Just look at Undergrad's new post of a pair of fish hiding in a rock. Those are cool.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know what might be fun is converting some mollies to SW. I've always thought that mollies in a reef is such an exotic sight :P

UnderGrad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've got a pair of Mollies in the Q-tank. They're in there for breeding live food and making sure the Q-tank parameters are ok. They would be pretty interesting in the reef though they aren't the most graceful of swimmers. But it makes them that much easier to catch when the novelty of a Molly reef tank wears off. :)

-AM-

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: