• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

kimichan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put in new sand about fice hours ago, and it's still blowing around like mad. I can't see anything in the tank. The funny thing is, none of the sand on the bottom is being displaced, meaning the sand in the water is more like dust than like sand. By the way, the 295 gph pump in my tank is way too much. When I first turned it on, it blew water over the front of the glass, So I had to baffle it so it wasn't hitting the glass directly. Overall, though, the shizzle is izzle.

Bleeding Blue

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
patience daniel son, patience. The sand will settle with time. In the meantime maybe you should go to the lobby tanks and scrape on....scrape off. (see it is funny because your name is daniel) :lol:

Mike

kimichan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're not funny. I'm funny. If you want to be funny, just do and say exactly the same as me. Well, I guess you look funny though, and I look like a stud. I put in all the stuff and came back ten minutes later and a little starfish was on the glass. He hasn't moved since though. It's almost as if he got up and ran to this position and then went to sleep. I've been watching this stupid white starfish for about 2 hours now. He sure doesn't do much. It's like watching a snail crawl. Speaking of which, there are two snails who were crawling around, but now they are sleeping. I bet you think all of my "sleeping" animals are dead too, but you're wrong, they're just sleepy from the long trip from central to north Davis. This is about 2 miles, but think about it: if a snail had to crawl 2 miles, he'd die, so the fact that these snails were not petrified by the time they arrived at my apartment is amazing.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put down the pipe son :D

I think you should have the flow blocked by rocks, etc. Put a few pieces in front of it to channel the flow in different directions. It will settle down with time and it won't hurt anything in the meantime.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: