• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ReefMan75-20-15

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. Just got my new HQI fixture from Hamilton yesterday. 150w double-ended 10,000k Ushio Bulb, 2 75w VHO Super Actinics. Just have to say awesome light. I currently have it about 24" from the water. I know this is way too high but I only had 110w pc over it before. I dont want to cause too much stress. What I need to know is how much and how often do I lower the light to eventually reach about 12" above water line. The tank is a 20L if that makes a diff. Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say. I would put it where you want it, and vary the photoperiod rather than the height. Since you have such an incredible amount of light it would be easy to shock your corals.

ReefMan75-20-15

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I am only running about 5 hrs of halide and 5.5 hrs of vho. I was thinking on droping it an inch or so every 2 days, and once I get it where I want start to increase photoperiod. I am not realy sure if this will work but I think it should. I have digital timers so I can increase the photoperiod little by little each day. What do you think Matt?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a good plan to me. You may want to ask this ? in the GRD as well. I don't really have any practical experience of putting corals in a higher light regime than they came from.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: