• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

skylsdale

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either of these setups would be going over a 20H. Does anyone have experience or preferance that would cause them to lean more toward one than the other?

Thanks.

Bleeding Blue

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks to me like replacement bulbs would cost about the same. The 55W will probably be a few bucks more. I think that they will offer you a little bit more versatility than the powerquad. However, I think the biggest factor is the fact that the powerquad will come in a hood, but the 55W will have have to be retroofit. It depends most on your plans for the hood.

Mike

kimichan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is 14 Watts worth all of the BS you will have to go through to get the 2 55's set up. I almost got the 96 watt powerquad, but I only have a 10 gallon NANO, so 2 X 28 Watt was enough. However, if I had to choose, I would definitely take the powerquad, even if it means sacrificing a little light, because first of all, 96 watts is plenty for a 20 gal, and secondly, the powerquad, as Bleeding Blue pointed out, has a hood and looks sick.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: